Monday, June 29, 2009
Tangible Distress/ Quiet Distress
Isn't it awesome to see how people love on each other in distress. It's beautiful. But isn't it strange to see it happen mostly just in occurences where the distress is physically tangible? When the distress is a quiet heartache 1. nobody notices 2. people think the person is crazy or a total loser- "They make themselves feel that way." Man, just be careful how you look at people every day. May God give us a heart of love, to look at his people behind his eyes. Well, maybe they aren't his people yet. Perhaps that explains their quite distress. We are a three part being. I think the emotions can attacked apart from the mind. In odd cases merely the physical is attacked without emotion attatched. And usually when physical is attacked so is the emotion. Man maybe we could just like, always treat each other the way we do the night of a tangible tragedy. So that when a person experiences a quite distress that we can't know about, someone is still there making them laugh. Depression. Psychological flaws. Screw it. Whatever the "heck" you think is going on in that person's head, everyone wants to be loved. Love saves people. Because God is love. Okay now I'm starting to think along hard lines of serious depression and suicide type things. Quite distress. Don't deny fellowship. Even when thriving in a desert it's still great to have someone that will call you. Maybe those people aren't their so the person doesn't rely on them. I guess that can be true. Because I learned Christ is my best friend. And when I still long for a small touch, for a hug by anybody in a time where everyone feels that and I don't get it, I just remember what I learned in quiet distress. Just a couple of thoughts. Hope this doesn't sound too "emergent church" like. If you don't know what that is, just research it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment