Frustration. I hate the feeling. However it drives us to see greater things than we ever could. In the past two and a half hours I have been more frustrated then I ever thought you could be in that amount of time.
I had just finished watching American Idol and I was like, "Okay God lets go hang out NOW!" I did not think I was going to get majorly pissed off. When you are studying evolution in Biology you start to think about what the world thinks about stuff. So blame confusion on Darwin! That was a joke.
So I am working on Ecclesiastes and I had a question about this passage for like three days so I started observing and using other versions. I increasingly got more and more frustrated. I sort of came to a conclusion but not fully.
I had these things that people call feelings of "doubt." So I was like okay, what is the doubt in or about? And I started thinking about confusions in the Bible and things contradicting (in theory) and I thought, When God is confusing then Jesus is confusing. I got so frustrated with all the doctines. I just couldn't understand the way his mind works for all I was worth and I hated that! I cried for awhile. Iam wishing I had written this before I had taken a short break from all this. I hate having stuff happen and then cool down and forget without making since of it. I kind of refuse to do that.
I thought "I wish sometimes I could stop all the logic and philosophy and just have faith to the truth."
God reminded and taught alot of things in this. He again reminded me of core doctrines. Me and my brother had actually talked about these together today. However I thought if the little doctrines are confusing, how could the core doctrines be true? So I thought and I wrote, "If thought so overwhelming exists, then there must be something real, greater, connected, and a beginning to it." See, a logical biconditional statement. (Oh Geometry. I love Mr. Blakeman) hmm... be careful of the New Age movement with The Secret and all that. So I came to the realization that God must be so amazing great if we cannot understand him like this. Since we have all the philosophy it makes since that something is around it. Second law of Thermodynamics, right? More or less.
I kind of saw a bit that plain faith is good and okay to have. Not dumb blind faith, but faith in conclusions perhaps. How much the word faith really means when we see it and begin to understand... just a little little bit.
I also came to this thought: emotions are for God's use and of his creation. Sometimes you hear don't listen to your emotions because they are wrong or a chemical inbalance. Yeah, this is true sometimes. He uses them to teach us in so so many ways. We have to be careful, but they are real. Through an emotion of frustration I came to many conclusions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am glad God is able to use your frustration of help you learn. Love you girl!
Post a Comment