Okay so right now I am looking at O'Reilly and a female reverend who looks like she had plastic surgery and an atheist. So I guesss this is about like, a sign in the capital building saying like, "There are no supernatural beings. Religion enslaves the mind." It looks like some Christians protested like for real. Signs that say Jesus or Hell and stuff like that. Ok so what do I think about all this. Here it goes.
And what do you think? Please comment. :)
Sometimes I think the media puts like the worst people on that they can. Even I think some of the Christians on here were being jerks. Now, where is the point of jerkhood, and the point of standing up for what you know to be true? Well I think jerkhood is achieved when we stop loving and only try to show that we are right. Yeah, many times you need to be up front about why you do what you do, for sure. Well, I think sure, people have the right to believe what they do. Yeah, they may go to hell for all eternity, but the way to approach this is to love in a way never seen before. Sure, the arguments, the theology, its great to know. But when it comes down to it, what matters, is the unusual, supernatural love that cannot be found anywhere else. If you show that and your atheist experiences it, then it makes more sense than any argument, sir O'Reilly.
Okay so then how about when they bring it to things like: separation of church and state, freedom of speech and or religion, the "holidays" are about "getting along?" What about all this?
I think separation of church and state is miss-used. I think it needs to be defined and/or redefined what that truly means. I am not completely sure what it is supposed to mean, but I think it is miss-used and people don't abide by it. I don't really think that can be fully separated.
People keep making the point that the word "Christmas" is Christmas. Yes, definately. Christmas is because Christ came into this world (even if we have the date off by like three months) I do not think you can ever really remove that or separate that. You can try. You can say truth is relative. (There is no absolute truth, everything is true.) But somewhere in there, either it is true that truth is relative, or it is true that there is no truth, or it is true that Jesus is God. Somewhere someone has to be wrong, and personally, I am strongly inclined to believe that a statement that is self-defeating is wrong. :)
Now, I am sorry this was long, but to bring it to a close. Sure, people have the right to say whatever they want, put a message in a building if they want, but they have the right to be wrong, too. We are fighting about people physically doing things like this. We fight who is right. There has to be something different about a Christian or no one is going to give a rip about what you say. We can try to protest against stuff to make things right, yes the world needs a light, but doing something, and fighting for what you believe in, of course, comes down to daily who you are.
I do feel like I did not adress everything I wanted to and this isn't totally complete, but keep reading and well, this is the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment