Thursday, December 11, 2008

From my Journal at Overflow- Dec 11

I wanted to stand up and read this off at Overflow, but I didn't do it in the first part, then someone wanted to talk outside for a lot of it so here it is.

We always come hereand sing love to You God, but we gotta get out there and do something in this falling and hurting world. What are we gonna do? Our God is mighty to save! Conquered the grave!! We lack power? No! How could we think that? What are we gonna do about human trafficing (sex slaves) and orhans, all these opprutunities to spread the Lord's name! Something must happen. Go so far out of the box! Stop wanting our peers to see us.

Yes, we have struggles, but our livesare for the use of God!! Throw down selfishness and materialism.

A generation really6 must rise up and sing and we don't say that just to be inspirational. God this feels like so much of a struggle inside, a fire, burning. To rise up!

Now, when I wrote this, I don't ever mean to say it isn't ok to scream out to God. To tell him you love him so much. To ask Him to sing over you. I feel this fire that I just want to scream. It doesn't stop at passion. It has to do with our calling. It is no joke. So yep there it is. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it's interesting Allison, so much of Christianity is responsive. One Christian generation falls under a certain extreme, so the next generation responds to the opposite extreme, and the cycle goes on and on throughout history...The generation of our parents is the pious, more conservative generation. They place a wealth of importance on studying the Word, knowing Theology, and living accordingly to the Scriptues. Which is good. It's very good to do those things. However, it's stopped there. There is no passion. That generation, mostly, sees God as a Being that ought to be revered, but not a Being that we should joy under. Not a Being that should fill us with such zeal and awe that we dance simply because we live. There is no passion there.

Our generation has responded. In today's society, so many young Christians like you and me have rejected that lack of zeal that has been handed down to us for something greater. How do we go about doing that? Serving others. Loving others. By fulfilling the greatest commandment we have an exultant zeal inside of us that gives us reason to live. ...However, on the flip side we so often times ignore Theology. Our "liberal" ways have drifted from the Bible. We place little importance on the Scripture. We see God as a Friend and Redeemer, but not an Awesome Being to be revered humbly before. Thus our actions are often times less than honorable for a disciple of Christ.

In between those two extremes there is a median. I think, most often times, that's where the truth lies. You make such a valid point with this post, I just encourage you to always continue with that zeal based on sound doctrine. Go read Romans 10: 1-4 and let me know your thoughts. I hope I didn't bore you with my probably unnecessary comment, but you know how it is with me. And keep blogging, I'll be reading =)

ai_inochi_kaji_sAm said...

Alison- I am so glad you've got this up. I pray that it will be a blessing for not only the people who read this, but also for you. I love you, Lov!
<3~God Bless~<3

A. Lusey said...

AHH! Alison I love love love this!! It is so encouraging to hear this kind of passion and I am with you on this 110%! Love it!
-Alyssa :)