Okay, so I finished the book a while back, and I have seen the movie twice. One with a friend who wanted to go, and one with my brother and dad. My brother loved it haha!! :) And now he has been practicing playing the lullaby Edward plays in the movie on the piano.
Okay, now into serious time. No, I am not gonna sit here and tell you it is evil and of the devil and stuff like that. Yeah, maybe to kid around, it's kinda fun. But I am not gonna be a jerk just because someone likes a book. To tell you that, a question must be answered of, can a book be specifically EVIL or GOOD? I do not think the book it's self but rather the ideas. Or perhaps it depends more upon the writer of the work, where their heart is at and things.
I personally went through a fantastic learning and thinking phase as I read this book. I encourage everyone to think deeply about it because it is enjoyable to, and by doing so you actually exercise your mind. this gives your mind more will and ability to think critically I think. This can be done with many things and peices of literature. Kind of like exercising.
Yes, I do very much think this is an intringing book. Enjoyable to read, enthralling. I think it could be a bit more creative, but it is interesting. When reading these books and viewing the movie, I think one must greatly guard their heart and mind, and think critically. Especially we teenage girls, because we are romantics and get lost in the world of our emotions, while guys are visual. Sorry if that is awkward. :)
Why do I think people like this?
Well, romance and excitement. :) haha. Yeah that is interesting. Here is what I think about the relationship between Bella and Edward: It involvles temptation. They both now how dangerous this is. Edward is denying his self nature. It is an attractive supernatural love. It is something beyound the reaches of the earth. Oh, but that is what love is supposed to be! Well, it is an eternal love, but they can fail.
They try to become each other's savior almost. Bella- "But it just seems logical... a man and woman have to be somewhat equal...as in, one of them can't always be swooping in and saving the other one. they have to save each other equally." Edward- "You have saved me." Bella- "I want to be Superman too." Edward- "You don't know what you're asking." "It was easy to admit how much I needed him." The truth is, you might hate me and be all, "Oh typical!" but here I go. People can't save each other. A woman will never find true fulfillment in a man, because he will fail (and visa versa.)
My primary concern with twilight is the ability it has to get false ideas into teenagers (and old people too because when I was reading it old ladies came up and would say stuff like, "Read it three times!") minds. Like I previously stated, I genuinely think girls must guard themselves most because we are driven by our emotions. We cannot find such a wonderful, supernatural, exciting relationship, that closes the rest of the world off.
Also into the guarding of the mind, Bella totally finds her very meaning and significance in sir Edward Cullen. As I read through the book, I noticed a very clear change in Bella. Her awkwardness still is there, but she seems to become less self concious when she realizes how much she loves him. A man cannot give a woman her true identity. So many women truly, honestly believe that a boy will make everything better and they will be all they need to be in said boy. Identity can only be found in Christ.
Okay, so this isn't everything, but I am tired of blogging about this. I might write some more later but there you go.
The one thing I will absolutely say is think critically and guard your heart and mind. Be logical and don't allow yourself to get caught in emotion because you will come to conclusions that just are not true. Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Trying to test everything do comments work. I hope me frinds can critique me.
I agree with everything you said. For a long time i was one of those half-crazed teenage girls that was obssessed with Edward Cullen.....if he wasn't a fictional character, i would totally be in love with him. :) I think one of the reasons why he is so appealing, is because he's perfect, beautiful, wonderful, protective, respectful to Bella's wishes, mysterious, even sometimes dangerous....the list goes on, and guys in the real world aren't usually like that. They have flaws and won't ever be like Edward Cullen. At first, i wasn't going to read this because i thought you were going to just take all the negative stuff and put it on here. But i was wrong. I totally agree with everything you said. Edward Cullen is a fictional character. Bella needs to chillax....it won't kill her to be away from Edward. Thats one of the problems, she's become too dependent upon him. He's her EVERYTHING! Its to ridiculous. Girls, please don't depend on guys like this, if you do, you'll most likely wind up getting hurt. I'm not saying never like guys or stay away from them because they're awful. I'm saying that your true identity is in Christ and he should be your everything, because he's never going to leave you or let you down. Trust me, it is okay for you to date guys, i give you my full permission hahahahahahah ;) but be careful. "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of your life."
i think it depends on your personality if you are a dependent person then you may want a guy to lean on and to take care of you but i do agree that eeryone(myself included)is a little obsessed and should lay off for a while. i've started reading other books again lol but back to the point. i totaly agree Alison. Twilight should come with a warning label.
Also the actors like Rob. and Kristen always say how they are kinda creeped out and laugh at the crazed fans constantly asking for Rob. to Bite them and for Kristen's number. it's not right. they arn't really Bella and Edward. thats what kida woke me up. i don't want to be like them. now i must say that the are both hot beautiful people but i think it's weird that Rob has looked the same for years but they finaly made a big deal over his messy hair and facial fetures. it creeps me out.
Post a Comment